Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Back Track

We're going to take a look back at my Independence Day celebration.  I hopped into a car around 11am that morning with 2 of my very dear friends, Taby St. Taby and Leo.  We made the 5 hour drive to Nashville.  You see, a few weeks before that I had won tickets on Facebook to see Superstar DJ Keoki there!  AHHHHHHHHHH!!!  So, we arrived in Nashville, checked into our hotel, relaxed for a bit, and got ready to go PARTY!  And let me tell you... party is exactly what we did!  There were many many DJs at this event and club freaks of all kinds.  Fireworks and glow sticks and candy ravers EVERYWHERE!  I'll tell you one thing... Sonny G can throw an amazing party! 


That pic is of Taby and I talking to Sonny.  He is a character!  LOVE HIM!  Oh... and he can grill some tasty BBQ chicken.  That's for damn sure!  Anyway... hours passed, drinks were had, and apparently I look like an ecstasy dealer with my glitter fedora and rainbow firework shirt.  Not kidding!  I must have been approached to help people find their friend, Molly, about 10 times that day.  Nope, no E here kiddies!  Just a lady with her friend Jack in hand... Run along!  Well, finally it was time for Keoki's set... and I LOST MY MIND in his music for one fabulous hour.  Did I mention he looks like he hasn't aged a day?!  Proof is right here if you don't believe me.

Just LOOK at him!  I've never been so thrilled, so lost in music as I was that night... well, except for when I'm working on my musical... but that's a horse of a different color.  Taby was his energy for the night.  He said so himself. 

I made a new friend... his name is Evan and I love him to pieces.  We're glitter friends!  It was a blast.  We danced and danced!  After his set was over we all head "backstage" if you could call it that and met the man himself.  Here's Keoki, Taby, Evan and myself:

Oh... and he's one of the nicest people I've ever met.  No lie!  Very gracious, very happy to meet his fans... overall genuine... and GLAMOROUS!!   This was an early birthday celebration for myself... and no, my birthday has not passed.  It was a very early celebration... but well worth it!



No comments:

Post a Comment