Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Hello, Again!

Hello, my sassy friends! Have you missed me?

I know I've been MIA for a while, but I have a few good reasons...

  1. I have been a horrible person when it comes to eating healthy and getting to the gym regularly. I'm not exactly sure what happened. Maybe it was exhaustion. Maybe it was going on vacation. Maybe it was pure laziness. Yeah... it was probably the last one. All I know is that I really have to get back to it. I feel terrible, but this Coca-Cola tastes so good! I'm so conflicted!!
  2. Writing... Writing... Writing...   You see, I've been working on a novel. In fact, I've been working on FIVE novels. One singular thought turned into an entire series that I cannot get out of my head. Empaths, Dragons, Demons, Fae (and many many more) have been dominating my thoughts. I don't want to give too much away, but I think it might turn into something amazing. Who knows? I don't. However, right now... I think this world I've created is FASCINATING!
  3. Work. Blah, blah, blah! I won't bore you with the details (mainly because I'm not certain of half of them) but work has been BUSY! My motto right now... "Train ALL the people!" Ok, that may be an exaggeration, but it certainly has felt that way the past few weeks.
  4. SHREK!!!! I did it! I auditioned for a show and actually got cast. After a 2 year hiatus, I'll be returning to the theatre! I'm excited and nervous (and well, I'm not gonna go into all the feels I have about it). Let's just say: I'm finally performing again, even if my character may be at the bottom of the plotline food chain. It will be fun because I'm working with some AWESOME people.
  5. Research. Remember when I mentioned writing? Well, with writing something as intricate as this world my mind created comes lots and lots of research. This is not a joke! I did less research for college essays! Right now my research includes reading The Nag Hammadi Library, Irish Fae Lore, and King Arthur and His Knights. I've also been watching A&E, National Geographic, BBC, and The History Channel programs on the Bible (Adam & Eve, The Garden of Eden, etc.), Templar Knights, The Devil's Bible, The Lost Gospels (trying to focus on the ones not found in the NHL), Mary Magdalene, Ancient Egypt, etc. Also... remember when I mentioned being cast in Shrek... well, I've begun character research for it as well. Maniacal laughter and speaking gibberish seems to be a great start.
  6. VACATION! My parents took me on vacation at the end of May. It was amazing. I have never been so relaxed. If you have never been to Tybee Island, I highly recommend it. Maybe, I'll be able to post pictures soon.
Other than all of that, things have been relatively quiet in my life. We shall see what happens once rehearsals start on July 1st.

Oh... I did want to mention that I am on the lookout for some awesome books to read. I know, I'm in the midst of writing one and reading a few others for research, but I want a relaxing book as well. I book I can engage in only as a reader. Drop your suggestions in the comments section! No one leaves comments anymore. Of course, I probably don't have readers anymore.

Until next time...

Keep it Sassy,

Sarah!

No comments:

Post a Comment