Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Pleasures of the Guilt-Ridden Variety (Part One)

So... I was over at CRAZYTOWN reading away like any normal (boring) day of training new employees, when I stumbled upon an article titled "Guilty Pleasures." That's when it struck me! I will inform all of my glittery friends of my own personal guilty pleasures. I warn you... there are many, but I'll try to only post the most ridiculous.

 
REALLY BAD MOVIES
 
This is my number one guilty pleasure in all the land. Honestly, if you were to ask my friends what my favorite movies were, they would more than likely reply with "anything really bad." Now... don't get me wrong, there is such a thing as a movie that is SOOOOO BAD that even I cannot watch it. It's happened on more than one occasion. But... here's a few examples of really bad movies that I LOVE!
 
 
 
High School Musical 2
 
The whole franchise is absolutely, terribly loveable, but the second installment is my FAVORITE! There's something about combining Corbin and Lucas and baseball, that really makes me want to party. There's also that epic moment Zac has when he grabs the sand, slowly rises, and then throws the sand down. I'm not kidding... I probably watched that moment on loop about 30 times in a row. It's hard to find anything funnier than that moment. That moment is cinematic GOLD!
 
 
Creature
 
I, honestly, cannot describe the ridiculousness of this "horror" flick to you. You'll just have to watch it yourself. I watched this with a few of my guy friends last summer, and I thought we were going to die from laughing too much. I'll give it a little credit though. It had one stomach turning moment... one of those "bug crawls out of dead body's mouth" moments. Those will give me the willies every single time!
 
 

 
S. Darko
 
This movie is proof you shouldn't mess with a good thing. My love of Donnie Darko is endless, and then this happened. Oh, S. Darko... you are a bunny of a different color. That's for sure. Of course, you get sucked in and can't figure out why you can't stop watching. Then you realize... someone put Ed Westwick and Jackson Rathbone in the same film. It's like eye-candy overload!
 
Last... but certainly not least... I present to you...
 
Material Girls
 
This is a triumph of really bad films. This is my top choice in Guilty Pleasure Land. I will not tell you how many times I've watched this movie because honestly, it's embarrassing. When I'm sad, bored, angry, lonely, happy, cleaning, WHATEVER... I will watch this movie. Since I'm being up-front with you, I'll just go ahead and say that Hilary and Haylie Duff are guilty pleasures for me without this movie. I'm not kidding! It's a problem. There's so much about this movie that I love, I'm not sure how to explain it all. I don't have to think when I watch this movie. I don't have to do anything. This movie is like happiness on a disc for me.
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment