Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Cravings!!

So... the cravings won today. Yesterday, I battled and won a ferocious Sonic craving. What do I crave from Sonic you may ask? Sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast burritos and a chocolate java chiller shake. I could have that every day. I'm not kidding. It's a problem, especially considering I don't like chocolate. Honestly, ask any of my friends how many times they've seen me eat chocolate. It's very rare. However, the mixture of espresso and ice cream with just a little chocolate syrup is like heaven for this fat kid!

Anyway... today at work all I wanted was pepperoni. NOT KIDDING! It was intense. I resisted all day. Then, I came home and was so hungry. I have meals prepped. That's not the problem. I just didn't want it. All I wanted was pepperoni. So, after 2 days of craving a cheat meal, I indulged and ordered a pizza which my roommate will have to finish eating. I'm not going to lie... it was possibly the BEST few pieces (I get square cut) of pizza I've ever had. I think that's because I haven't given into cravings yet. However, with tomorrow being 1 week since my restart on my program, it seemed like a good time for a cheat meal. We SHOULD have cheat meals! They make us feel as if we aren't denying ourselves. Not sure about any of you, but anytime I feel denied something I get angry, frustrated, and end up quitting. This weight loss plan is not about denying myself things I like. I very much like pizza, but I shouldn't eat it every day or even every weekend.

Will I regret this decision? Probably... only for the sluggish, gross feeling that will follow eating something so greasy when I've been eating clean and healthy. I'm not going to lie, I've been feeling better with even just a week of lifestyle change. Can you imagine a month from now? Two? A year? I cannot, but I'm so excited to see what happens!

The point... sometimes you have to give into the cravings just for a meal every week or so.

Also, my latest order just came in and I am so excited to have my new flavor of tea (I got peach this time) and to add protein to my shakes! I honestly cannot wait to wake up in the morning to test them out! TOO MUCH EXCITEMENT!

Well... keep it sassy!

No comments:

Post a Comment