Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Meal Prep Day #1

Here I am! I've already taken my tabs. I'm in the process of finishing my tea and my WONDERFUL cafe latte shake! I honestly cannot say enough about how wonderful these products make me feel. I promise there will be an entire post on them in the future.

Yesterday, I sat down and made a meal plan. It looks a little something like this:

Monday: Shrimp, Brown Rice, Mixed Vegetables
Tuesday: Chicken, Quinoa, Mixed Vegetables
Wednesday: Shrimp, Brown Rice, Carrots, Peas
Thursday: Chicken, Quinoa, Carrots, Peas
Friday: Shredded Chicken, Brown Rice, Bell Pepper, Onion, and Tomato

I have already prepped up some snacks. I have cantaloupe, strawberries, and celery cut up and portioned out into ziploc bags. I also have single serving packs of greek yogurt, almonds, and craisins. I don't know about you, but for a person who was only eating one rather large meal a day, this seems like an awful lot of food. Eating small, portion controlled meals means more food, more nutrition than gorging yourself on one singular meal.

So, today... I PREP! I'm super excited about it. I bought everything I needed and more for less than $60. I'm not sure I've ever spent such a small amount of money when grocery shopping. I was very happy. I guess eating healthy can be affordable. I've just been looking at it all wrong. My favorite part of this is that I'm finally learning portion control. I swear! It is the most important part of it all. Before, I would eat the things listed in my plan BUT I would eat FAR too much of it! That's the thing about portion control I'm learning. You can eat things you like. You just have to eat the proper amount.

Yesterday also turned out to be my cheat meal day. I allow myself one cheat meal a week. Notice that I said "MEAL" not "DAY." There's a big difference! Another lesson I'm learning. Once a week, I go out to eat with my friend, Derek. Now, I could choose to eat healthy when we do that. I could get a salad or something off the "light" part of the menu, but I choose to make it my cheat meal every week. I think of it this way... I eat out once a week. If I'm going to do a cheat meal, it might as well be then. So, yesterday for dinner instead of having the meal I had already prepped (don't worry... it will be tonight's dinner) I had an artisan grilled chicken ciabatta sandwich and some loaded mashed potatoes. Yes! I could've just had plain mash or steamed veggies instead, but I just went for it because I LOVE loaded mashed potatoes. I also had tea, but it was unsweetened tea.

Well, I think that's about it for now. I may post again after all my prepping is over. Not sure yet, but I might. Maybe even post a picture. Remember... Keep it sassy!

--Sass



No comments:

Post a Comment