Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Meal Prep... Prep?

Hello everyone!

I'm back again for another update. This is one is going to be about MEAL PREP! *cue scary music*

For those who know me personally, you may know that I have a love/hate relationship with cooking. I honestly like to cook, but hate cleaning up. However, the main part of my hatred for cooking is trying to do it after I've done nothing but make food for other people for 8+ hours all day. So, to say I don't want to cook after that would be an understatement.

With my recent start up of getting healthy, I've decided to try meal prepping. I actually prepped 3 days worth the other day, (Today's dinner with be the last of that.) and it was easy. My roommate has decided he wants to start meal prepping as well. It's a lot easier to eat healthy when the person you live with isn't bringing home pizza, so YAY!

Today is dedicated to getting all the materials I need in order to prep meals for myself and my roommate. The number one thing being containers to store them in. I've also got to make sure there's room in the refrigerator for all of it. I'm not sure what I'll be making yet but it should be pretty simple. We already have some proteins in the freezer. I'm thinking chicken and shrimp... mixing it up a little. I've had baked chicken breasts the past 3 days, so the shrimp will be a nice change of pace. We've also got lots of those Birds Eye Steamfresh veggie bags. Those are definitely easy to make. Maybe add some brown rice or quinoa for starch purposes. I need to get some low-cal sauces. We already have some, but why not get a few different options. That's what we currently have. On top of that, I need to get some low-cal snacks. Some fruit, almonds, string cheese, etc. I'm not really sure yet, but that's what today is for.

Tomorrow, after it is all said and done, I'll post my menu for the week. Granted it won't look like much. I only eat one meal a day at the moment as well as snacks throughout the day. Before you start telling me how unhealthy only eating once a day is, take into consideration that I have 2 meal replacement shakes a day on Herbalife. I'll post more about that later. I promise. It's probably what everyone wants to know about!

Well, I think that's it for now. Time to go clean out the frig, do some dishes, make a shopping list, and hit the down.

Do you meal prep? What are your favorite meals? Let me know in the comments below! But, more than that... Keep it sassy!

--Sass

No comments:

Post a Comment